Ending Balance


D

Dan Hautzinger

When we receive payments the ending balance dose not adjust to reflect that
QuickBooks 2004 Pro.

Thanks,

Dan
 
Ad

Advertisements

A

Allan Martin

Dan Hautzinger said:
When we receive payments the ending balance dose not adjust to reflect
that QuickBooks 2004 Pro.
Use the correct date when running reports.
 
D

Dan Hautzinger

Ending balance of our bank account. When we receive payments the balancein
Quickbooks does not change. We are in the prosses of closing our business
and everything is a mess.
 
H

HeyBub

Dan said:
Ending balance of our bank account. When we receive payments the
balancein Quickbooks does not change. We are in the prosses of
closing our business and everything is a mess.
Into what account did you "receive" the money? One of your choices is
"Undeposited funds," and from there you make a "deposit."
 
?

!-!

Ending balance in the account register and/or Chart of Accounts? In a
Balance Sheet or other report?

If a report, is the date range correct?

How are you "receiving payments"? "Group with other undeposited
funds"?

Did this problem exist previously, or did it only begin after you
started to close the business? Has there been a change in personnel?
 
Ad

Advertisements

D

Dan Hautzinger

We recive payments through customers, Recive Payments. When I go to pay
bills under Vendors the balance is a negative. In Reports under Customer
Balance detail it shows the payment but it dosen't add the payment to Ending
Balance under Pay bills. It also shows a negative on the balance sheet. But
we have a good balance at the bank.
 
T

Tee

Dan Hautzinger said:
We recive payments through customers, Recive Payments. When I go to pay
bills under Vendors the balance is a negative. In Reports under Customer
Balance detail it shows the payment but it dosen't add the payment to
Ending Balance under Pay bills. It also shows a negative on the balance
sheet. But we have a good balance at the bank.
You have to go to Banking>Make Deposits and select the payments for deposit
to the bank account.

Its accumulating them in Undeposited Funds waiting for you to say "ok, I
deposited Customer A's $100, Customer B's 5000 and Customre C's $50 today
for a total deposit of $5150"
 
A

Allan Martin

Dan Hautzinger said:
We recive payments through customers, Recive Payments. When I go to pay
bills under Vendors the balance is a negative. In Reports under Customer
Balance detail it shows the payment but it dosen't add the payment to
Ending Balance under Pay bills. It also shows a negative on the balance
sheet. But we have a good balance at the bank.
Since you are going out of business, I guess it is a bad time to sugest that
you hire an accountant to help you out.
 
Ad

Advertisements

G

Golden California Girls

Dan said:
When we receive payments the ending balance dose not adjust to reflect that
QuickBooks 2004 Pro.

Thanks,

Dan
Ah, operator error.

You changed a little easy to miss radio button in the receive payments window.

You will have to edit all the receive payments and change that little radio
button back to where it belongs for you.
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top