Equipment/Operating Lease & Interest (Lessor)

Reaction score
Country
Fiji
Greetings good folk of the accounting world!

My question is quite simple.

From the Lessor's perspective, do you add interest to monthly equipment/operating lease payments?

Background info:
We're going to start supplying outdoor power equipment such as brushcutters, chainsaws & hedge trimmers to resorts, hotels & landscape contractors in the South Pacific. Our 24 month lease will be bundled together with maintenance fees.

Why am I asking?
Well aside from you folk being a constant source of knowledgable information, I've been looking at example lease calculators and they all seem to have an interest rate section.

Notes:
Whilst I am fully aware of my lack of knowledge in the equipment leasing industry, I intend to leverage our wealth of experience in outdoor power equipment maintenance to fill a gap in the market. Any and all information pertaining to operating leases from those that are experienced are most highly appreciated!

Thank you!

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lessor accounting mirrors the Lessee accounting. So if it's a finance lease, the capital and interest receipts are recognised by the Lessor, if it's an operating lease then it's a single amount of the rental payment receivable.

Reaction score
Country
Fiji
Lessor accounting mirrors the Lessee accounting. So if it's a finance lease, the capital and interest receipts are recognised by the Lessor, if it's an operating lease then it's a single amount of the rental payment receivable.
Thank you very much!

Ask a Question