USA Equity VS High Interest Rate

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you in advance for your help. I am putting together a business (large campground and glamping campground) that will throw off approximately $1,200,000 after expenses.

At an 8% cap rate I show the business being worth $15,000,000. At 6% ( I can justify 6% based on other businesses in the area) I show $20,000,000.

I need to raise $2,300,000 (approximately). Is a high interest rate (14%) of interest to private equity lenders or must I offer equity in the business at a low interest rate? In other words, I am not sure how to make the offering to accredited investors.

Thank you,
Peter

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
And solving that is exactly what investment bankers do. Plus they have the ability to make the plan happen. So I suggest you head their way.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Something to consider is that the 14% interest expense on borrowed funds will reduce taxable gains. So, the effective interest rate is (14% * (1-tax%)). For example, if the tax rate is 25%, then the effective interest rate is 10.5%.

Ask a Question