Errors in textbooks?

Reaction score
I am currently taking an accounting class and in the book, I have found multiple errors and have been communicating to and from the instructor about the errors. The instructor has validated the errors and I am just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience with other textbooks with errors. I wouldn't be so picky about the errors but the price of the text book should say that it is error free. For an 8 week class in the summer, this book cost me 309 dollars. I am sorry but when I pay that much for a text book I expect it to be somewhat error free.

The question at hand was,

In the unadjusted trial balance and the adjusted trial balance for the company(Fictitious) Molly Brown has made some mistakes when adjusting. Please find these mistakes and correct them.(of course there was more to the question than that and they didn't use Molly Brown. It was the first name that came to my mind. I am just stating what the question was like.)

I tried to find them and fix the mistakes but I spent about 5 hours on this stupid question because I had to find out that the correct answers were incorrect and I was wondering why they were not coming up correctly. This is just one of the errors.

I am just venting but any thoughts for the day on this matter? I still made a 94 on my 6 hour homework test :)

Reaction score
That is frustrating and I wouldn't expect a book that got published and sold for that much $$ to have mistakes either.

Ask a Question