USA Excel template that translates to Quickbooks?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am an intern for a company who has little experience with QuickBooks but is definitely tech savvy. I was wondering if there was a uniform template that could help me figure out the format for uploading credit card receipts from bank statements from Excel to QuickBooks? Or better yet, is there a way to connect credit cards directly to QuickBooks that uploads transactions at real-time? I would greatly appreciate an answer to both of these questions.

Thank you so much for your time!

Reaction score
Country
United States
IMPORT FROM FILE: To import credit card receipts, you can't directly import a spreadsheet, but there are plugins that do the job, like TransImporter by AAAtex. http://www.aaatex.com/QuickBooks_Products.htm.

RETAIL OR KEY ENTER DIRECT: In the past businesses had no choice- the only way to process directly in Quickbooks was using Intuit merchant services. (Businesses often chose non-integrated solution because of the rates or they wanted to use their own financial relationships.) That's not true any more. There are payment gateway modules you can use to process credit card transactions within Quickbooks and use any processor/ acquirer. I think this is what you want for real-time QB updating. The modules are free; you pay the gateway fee but benefits far outweigh costs. Contact me for this solution.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I haven't worked with quickbooks in quite a while but I know that 4 years ago there was a function that allowed me to download bank data directly from the online extranet. It is all a matter of setting up the interface. Sorry, I know this probably doesn't help much but I know that the capability is there.

In terms of uploads, I could probably help you figure out the template but I would have to see the program.

Ask a Question