USA Expense for auditing a supplier

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,

I work in a medical instruments company and have to post an expense for auditing one of our suppliers. I have to create an account for it. What would be the name of this expense account? Thank you,

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello!

Was this expense paid to an outside firm? If so you may wish to use an Outside Services Account such as: O/S - Audit; O/S Accounting; O/S Legal

Please let me know if I can be of further help.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Shana, thank you for your answer. Our company sent one of our employee to travel to another country to audit one of our supplier. Besides the flight tickets, hotel (travel expense) and meals expenses, he was given cash for any other expenses incurred for the audit. Must I create an specific expense account for the audit ? if it is yes, how can I name the expense account? Thank you

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello - These expenses may be charged to a Travel expense account. You may wish to 'allocate' the expense to the purchasing department as this was an audit of a supplier.

Ask a Question