USA Failed Dream to be CPA Once-Will go at it again!

Reaction score
Hello! This is very embarrasing but I'll go at it.

The greatest dream I had since a high school. That dream was to become an accountant and later get the license for CPA. Its ****ing downright humiliating to think of this incident. I really ****ing put my hopes in this career path. I would often write in high school cateer selection I wanted to become an accountant. I often dreamed of how such a career as a CPA would be with the high pay, high demand, and great benefits. I literally thought I will become one!!!!

But when the time came in college I EPIC FAILED the courses. So much money wasted as well as time. And it wasn't even because the basic requirements for a major gearing towards accounting was that hard. It was because I ****ing underestimated the entire thing and slacked off, putting less than half-hearted effort. **** had I put at least half-hearted effort I could have had a descent chance of passing!

This really is so goddamn embarrassing and humiliating. How I would tell others I would become a CPA and how I would write in school papers that accounting is the one career more than anything else I wanted to work in. I mean I ****ing failed at every other aspect in my life in my younger years and I felt that accounting was perhaps the one area I could redemption. ANd I ****ing blew it.

I intend to get back into accounting once I get an advanced degree in something else and save money to afford the courses.I already took out the old accounting books and tools that I was supposed to use when I took accounting classes several years ago. The next time I'll not only pass every classes related to getting a degree in Accounting with As, I intend to become a CPA, CMA, and CIA and to work out a career in accounting with an outstanding record :mad: !!!!!

Hence the reason for joining this forum. I hope to get advice as well as resources I can use for practicing from people currently studying for accounting as well as veteran accountant so I can prepare while I save up the money to retake accounting courses! I will definitely become a CPA even if I have to get into debt and it takes 20+ years of my life!!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I admire your resolve and wish you all the luck in the world. Let us know what happens -- hopefully it will provide inspiration for others.

Reaction score
:) Good luck OP! I wish you well. Just go slow and take your time

Ask a Question