Financial Statement Analysis

Tav

Reaction score
I have an interview next week for an accountant position of course. In the job description, it says have experience with financial statement analysis. The recruiter emphasized this aspect of the position. I have experience with vertical and horizontal analysis of the income statement. I have to analyze the GL accounts when there are large difference month to month and explain the difference to the CAO and Vice President of Finance. I know ratio analysis.

For someone that has more in depth experience with financial statement analysis, please provide me with more insight to financial statement analysis. I would love to ace this interview.

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
That term is used for many diverse things. Your experience sounds solid enough for you to be able to assert that you can do whatever they need.

I suggest since you have some time before the interview that you call your recruiter and ask for any more specifics, clues , on what they really want that the recruiter may recall. A good recruiter would call the client and ask for more detail. Most will not as they fear looking inept and don't have the skills to get the info while assuring the client that they are a first rate recruiter.

Unfortunately, the recruiter process is the original "telephone" game where tons of info gets lost in the re-telling from one person to another to another.

Anyway, even if recruiter won't/can't help, your experience is still solid.

Last edited:

Ask a Question