Forensic Accounting Vs. Financial Statement Fraud

Reaction score
Do you think that Forensic Accounting can win the war it has declared on Accounting and Financial Statement Fraud?

Considering the amount of investments that has been made in researching and studying forensic accounting, do you think that we should still be greeted with the news of accounting scandals most mornings?

One of my friends once told me that the battle between forensic accountants and perpetrators of fraud is like the never ending war between hackers and information security professionals.

Share your views on this.

Cheers!! :)

Last edited:

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Win the war? No way. Advantage is always with the perp. Support for my viewpoint? Major league baseball. Tour de France.

Reaction score
@Kirby, don't you think the good guys are making remarkeable progress, at least the bad guys now have to work harder for the money.

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Progress, yes. But the question you asked was "win the war." No way. The perps always have the first move and, like in tennis or chess, that's a huge advantage.

Reaction score
Hehe, no one ever wins a war, you only manage to survive the next attack and pray you dont die from another attack.

You made a good point by pointing out the fact that business is like game where the first to make a good move have advantage.

I think that accounting and security professionals are realising the importance of playing the game of accounting and business. I read a blog post made by the president of ISACA of the website about employing the gaming mentality to business management and I was like, wait a minute, this is a right move in the right direction if only it will be taken serious by business leaders.

Ask a Question