USA Form 8379

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I can really use some advise here. I am preparing Form 8379 for a couple with one child who has already filed MFJ. They have combined Form w2 wages $116. Per Texas Reg (community state), I have allocated all earning (W2 and Int). I have also allocated the withholding 50/50 and Itemized Deduction (Sch A) 50/50. However I am little unclear the child tax credit. If the injured spouse is claiming the exemption, then the the 2k credit should be 100% hers, I believe. Do we also need to allocate that $1,000 each. Also, what about EIP 1 and EIP 2 payments? The credit for the child should go to the spouse claim the exemption (injured spoue), correct?

I would appreciate any feedback

Thanks

DTA93433

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not sure I would necessarily split withholdings and Sch A deductions 50/50....unless actual numbers were not available. The child tax credit goes to the taxpayer who would have taken the deduction on a MFS return.

Ask a Question