Forum Upgrade

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome to the upgraded Accountant Forums!

We've moved to some much-improved forum software, which should make it much easier to post and browse. For example, the site is now mobile-friendly and is much improved at handling image uploads.

If you've got any suggestions on how we can improve things, then please do let me know! The new software is much more flexible and I'm keen to make sure that we get things working well :).

Samir

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The sidebar and similar threads could be trimmed down a bit on thread pages. I know it's great for seo, but it is really busy.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'll see what I can do regarding this, I may be able to set some member preferences regarding the sidebar (i.e. an option to disable it). How are the rest of you finding the sidebar?

Last edited:

Samir

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
An easy way would be to disable the sidebar when a registered user is logged in.

What screen resolution is the site designed for?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The design should be responsive and work at any resolution, but I'm currently using 1920x1080 and it looks ok. If a user has something like 800x600 then the sidebar will automatically disappear, but perhaps I need to increase the sidebar cut-off resolution.

What res are you using and I'll do some testing :).

Samir

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Something has already been changed because the sidebar is gone when I'm looking at this thread now. :) I like this as it works great now.

I use the same resolution, but have two windows side-by-side, so it's effectively 1920/2=960x1080. Usually I use 2048x1536, so that's 1024x1536 or 1024x768.

Reactions: Ian

Ask a Question