UK Freelancer Accountant AAT or ACCA???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everybody!

I need the help of more experienced. Could you please advise since I want to start freelancing...what would be better to gain experience to become a freelancer bookkeeper??
AAT OR ACCA??? I know ACCA Is expensive and difficult especially for a mother of two kids
I am from Greece and have and Economics Degree and MBA plus AAT Level 2 certificate...
I currently work long hours as accounts assistant and really low wage around 20 to 24 k per year...
I d like to move on...since I have some degrees and the willingness to move forward...
What would you propose to be the next steps???
Thank you!!!

Ad

Advertisements

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you just want to do bookkeeping, then AAT is a qualification is its own right and should teach you everything and more for bookkeeping. ACCA is a professional qualification to become a qualified Accountant.

There is a dedicated bookkeeping qualification as well www.bookkeepers.org.uk that might suit you. I don't really know anything about it but if your idea is freelance bookkeeping, it might be worth taking a look.

Ask a Question