Fuel assistance

Discussion in 'Tax' started by ---MIKE---, Mar 9, 2005.

  1. ---MIKE---

    ---MIKE--- Guest

    Because of my low income I have applied for fuel assistance
    (the government pays part of my heating oil bill). Does
    this have to be reported as income?

    ---MIKE---, Mar 9, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. ---MIKE---

    D.F. Manno Guest

    No, grants under LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance
    Program) are not taxable income on federal returns. As for
    state returns, I know of none that tax LIHEAP grants.
    D.F. Manno, Mar 12, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.