GAAP - operations

Reaction score
I have been a general manager for a company for 5 years and worked in accounting for most of my adult life. Today I went to get some numbers for an employee and was blocked from all employee information. When I asked what was going on I was told the CPA firm that does our audited financials said according to GAAP I was not allowed to have access because my spouse works for the company as well. Up until recently I have done all payroll activities for the company (we hired an admin to take some of the load). This is a small company with 20-25 employees. What is your take on this?

Last edited:

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is CPA bull. Ask those idiots for a written citation to where it specifically says this in GAAP. No way it is in GAAP. Might be in GAAS (auditing standards) but not GAAP. Before you do this, take a moment to consider if this is actually a good thing for you - less responsibility -SAME PAY!

Counterofbeans

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Pardon me while I laugh for a while...

There is no such GAAP requirement, nor GAAS requirement.

Any restriction(s) as to who can review information is either a company policy/discretion or via contract.

Ask a Question