USA GAAP rules regarding billing one client for another clients work

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all. I have a very stubborn Sales Rep who continues to try and bill one clients work under another clients account so that her projects look more profitable. I know this is wrong and am addressing this issue with her and the owners of the business next week. I am hoping someone can point me to the section of GAAP rules that supports my position so that I can present them. Anyone familiar enough with them to help point me in the right direction? Much appreciate.

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
GAAP does not cover ridiculous situations like this. You've pointed out the issue. Now let the owners decide.

Reaction score
Country
United States
GAAP does not cover ridiculous situations like this. You've pointed out the issue. Now let the owners decide.
Hm. Okay, I was thinking that there must be something about recording bad debt accurately / revenue recognition. These are projects that we are not earning income on and are a complete loss. Thanks for your help though.

Ask a Question