USA Graduating soon and I'm scared

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi CremeDeLaSanse

No problem. You will be at work for at least 9 total hours. You will usually get an hour lunch and two 15 minute breaks. Plenty of time for you to do your own thing. And you can always just quit.....

The Finance Writer

VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy smoke. I’m 58 and work 75 to 80 hours per week during tax season (about 12 weeks). I feel like I’m on vacation during the remainder of the year when I only work 45 hours per week.

Are you planning to become a CPA? You’ll spend more than 8 hours per day on some combination of work and study for the CPA exam. Check out the free sample questions at CPA Exam Review, CPA Exam Courses and CPA Review Books - FFA to see if you are ready for solid accounting work output. Getting good grades in college has only an incidental correlation with productive results at work.

bklynboy

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Where do I begin. You sound like a princess that has been coddled and has no clue what the real world is about. You need an attitude check since the real world will kick your a** and you need to be prepared.

Reaction score
You are right about how government works though. However, my current employer is on a hiring freeze and has been since 2011. I'm pretty sure a lot of places are in the same position in the government right now. I'm hoping to leave soon though, so you can totally have my job :) (if the hiring freeze is lifted).

Ask a Question