Gross Present Value and Beta Factor

Reaction score
Hi,

I am supposed to repeat a Financing Management Module and I am a bit stuck with the following question, I am not too sure how to deal with the Beta Factor? Any help is greatly appreciated.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Alpha plc has an opportunity to invest in a project that would last one year. Delta plc has three projects, each of which would last for a year. The three projects are located within different industrial sectors. It is expected that, over the coming year, the market rate of return will be 6% and the risk-free rate of interest will be 2%.

The projects’ anticipated net cash flows (forecast to be receivable at the end of the year), together with their corresponding beta factors are as follows:

Alpha plc

£000 | Beta factor
1,000 | 1.3

Delta plc

£000 | Beta factor
400 | 1.4
200 | 0.7
400 | 1.5

(a) Calculate the gross present value of the projects that can be undertaken by Alpha plc and Delta plc;

(b) Calculate the beta factor for the three-project portfolio open to Delta plc;

Ask a Question