Discussion in 'UK Accountancy' started by Mark and Sara, Jul 2, 2005.

  1. Can anyone help me - I am taking over a small family business accounts as
    the person who usually does it is getting on a bit!!
    I have no experience in such matters but have been advised by our accountant
    to use EVRITE 707 wkly traders book
    Can anyone tell me where you are supposed to put any working tax credit paid
    by the govt for the employer to pay the employee - where do i enter it?
    Also we don't operate a petty cash - everything (ie stamps/fuel etc) is paid
    from the till and rung as a paid out - is this shown on other receipts or is
    it on the payments page as an expense?
    If so how do i show the till had the extra money ? Do i have to show the
    extra money at all as long as the till receipt balances with the
    cash/cheques etc?
    Sorry if this is athick question but I need all the help i can get!!
    TIA : (
    Mark and Sara, Jul 2, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. Your accountant is an idiot, don't take his advice. If you tell the
    group what sort of businss you are im they will give you better

    Troy Steadman, Jul 2, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  3. We are a family owned & run boatyard/marina and I'd really appreciate any
    help with this question (See above)
    Mark and Sara, Jul 2, 2005
  4. Mark and Sara

    Peter Saxton Guest

    ? On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 20:44:23 +0100, "Mark and Sara"
    Your accountant advised you to use this book and presumably you are
    going to give the book to your accountant. You'd be better off asking
    your accountant.

    My suggestions:

    You receive working tax credit into the bank so I would put it as
    other bank receipts.

    Show petty cash expenditure as a cash payment. It's not "other

    If you're entering the weekly balance in the till then the accountant
    should know to add back any payments.
    Peter Saxton, Jul 3, 2005
  5. The Evrite book allows you to record transactions. What it doesn't do is
    allow you to total them, nor have I ever seen it (or its close
    cousin the Simplex book) used to produce reconciliations. To reconcile
    everything every week is a nonsense anyway and what your accountant
    will be left with is...nothing. Nothing for all that work than he
    wouldn't have had if you'd simply given him the invoices and bank
    statements and let him sort it out for himself!

    Consequently I'm guessing he is not a "proper" accountant.

    Think carefully about whether money is coming in to you or is money you
    are paying out. Then think "Is it trading income or expenditure?" Keep
    your invoices (and everything else) bound in a strict nothing-missing
    sequence, write on each invoice when it is paid (moving it from an
    "unpaid" pile into a "paid" pile can be an effective method of credit
    control). Keep a list with monthly totals. Don't leave *anything* out
    because *everything* will have to be identified at soem time, and the
    best time to do that is now!

    Write on the bank statments what each cheque and lodgment is for. Keep a
    list (in Excel preferably) of Petty Cash expenditure. Separate the
    business entirely from your private lives, a business bank account is
    well worth the extra cost. Look around for a decent accountant and he
    will be able to extract your accounts frpm that lot. Plus you've saved
    yourself £9.99 on the Evrite :)

    Troy Steadman, Jul 3, 2005
  6. Mark and Sara


    Oct 16, 2012
    Likes Received:
    mark and sara good evening, i need ur help regarding your some quotes at current forum as below
    "You can turn Instant Accounts into Line 50 Financial Controller just by
    changing one 200B registration file."

    i want to switch from instant account to financial controller but i am unable to find this reg file which u told, can u help me please ?

    please reply me urgently
    i am badly stucked and no option other than ur words, plz help .

    Luqman, Oct 16, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Similar Threads
There are no similar threads yet.