Hello

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all,

I'm new here and new to accounting for the most part. I have some experience doing accounting for my own small business about 15 years ago using Quickbooks but nothing formal or since then.

I've just been hired as an Independent Contractor to do some basic accounting tasks (Bank sync and Reconciliation initially) for a small accounting firm using QuickBooks Online. The hiring party is fully aware of my level of experience and willing to provide training and instruction as needed to get me up to speed but I'm hoping that being a member here will help me minimize questions going forward and help me increase my efficiency and value.

So, my two main reasons for joining here are as a resource to get me up to speed ASAP with the tasks assigned and to get some help making sure I'm setting up my own end correctly as I get started as a contractor. I'll have to look and see what area of the forum is best for that (if this forum is even the right place) but I want to make doubly sure I have everything taken care of properly for State and Federal taxes.

Thanks in advance for all the help I'm sure you'll be!
-AC Rural

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello AC,

I have a lot of experience using QBs online, and I am a QBs Certified ProAdvisor, so I am happy to help with any questions you have!

Dan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello Dan,

Thanks for your reply and I'll be sure to reach out if/when I have questions! When I start a QBO related thread I'll probably tag you or point it out to you. Thanks for your offer of help! Do you have any suggestions for online tutorials? I've watched some Youtube tutorials and looked at the client info I'll be dealing with to start but haven't actually been able to take any action yet. My employer has no problem guiding me but I want to be as self sufficient as possible.

Accounting is a new realm for me but I think it might be a good fit.

-AC

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello AC,

Check out this link: http://accountants.intuit.com/accounting/quickbooks/quickopedia/training/

The training videos will take you through a lot of what the software can do.

Also, see if your employer will pay for you to go through the Certified ProAdvisor Training. There is a lot of useful information there that will help you learn how to use the software. Lastly, the OTJ training is what is going to prepare you the most. Once you get started with the work you are going to be doing regularly, you will figure out how to do a lot of the tasks on your own.

Definitely feel free to tag me in threads later if you have questions. Good luck!

Dan

Ask a Question