Help on getting bank loan with a Gurantor

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
hi ,im stuck with a problem ,im trying to get a loan for a car 15000 , i make about 600 per week ,,i get no payslips (cash) have a credit union account with 1500 in it ,,can i get a loan off bank with a gurantor who can well cover cost ,,or where should i look

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Look for a less expensive car. You can't afford that car.

Steve-LevelUp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Unfortunately, banks are reluctant to give out loans to those that do not have steady, reported income. Banks like verifying income by seeing it show up in our account regularly, as well as being able to confirm it.

If you have someone co-sign for you, it might work, but more than likely this person will need to take on the debt fully. It's a tricky arrangement, but certainly nothing wrong with it. You could then pay this friend every month for the car payment which they then make to the bank. They would be directly responsible for paying the bank, even if you don't pay them.

I recommend doing without and buying a cheaper car in full for cash until you get approved for a loan, or you've saved up $15k.

Ask a Question