USA Help with Accounting Project

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,

I am hoping get some kind of help with internal auditors. I am an accounting student for Golden Gate University and I need to ask some questions for CPAs and Internal Auditors to find out the difference between the two types of occupations. If at all possible, help is appreciated. I just need short replies to my questions below and also a business card for my professor. Thank you!!!

Interview Questions

Internal Auditor

1. What previous experiences and education prepared you to be an internal auditor?
2. What is one case of fraud you found and what process did you follow to detect the fraud?
3. What would you do if a company may be exposed to a major risk and what would you do as part of the risk management procedure to prevent it?
4. What are some risk management procedures you implemented that was successful?
5. Did you ever have problem persuading a company to incorporate your recommendations?
6. What would you do if a company refuses to implement your change?
7. What would you do if a company asks you to be unethical during your investigation?
8. Have you had to conduct interview examinations on company employees? If yes, how was the interview conducted?
9. How do you think internal auditing can add value to a company?
10. What made you interested in joining the internal auditing field and what do you enjoy most about your work?

Public Accountant

1. In your opinion, what do you think is the difference between a public certified accountant and an internal auditor?
2. What type of attestation engagement have you done in the course of your work?
3. Have you been hired to perform an assurance service to which you are unable to express an opinion that satisfies your client?
4. What kinds of nonfinancial assurance services had you performed?
5. Was there any companies you examined and found their internal control over financial reporting lacking? What did you do?
6. What audits have you performed during your career?
7. Of the PCAOB assertions (Existence, Obligation, Completeness, Valuation and Disclosure), what assertion was the most difficult for your work?
8. Do you always practice professional skepticism?
9. Do you worry at times that you are lending your credibility without enough knowledge?
10. Have you been or considered being an internal auditor?

Reaction score
hey rc1707, I can help with all of your questions, I have worked as Internal auditor with Big4 firm as well as a Public accountant, please feel free to email me at

(admin edit: I've removed the e-mail address as it's not a a good idea to have it publicly visible on the internet - we've got a "converstation" feature which works as a private messaging system on the site, which help you get in contact with this member privately :). Just click on the member name and then the "conversation" link that pops up.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question