Help with proper way to transfer funds into IRA

Reaction score
I took advantage of the Costco $20 off coupon and bought Premier 2011 to replace my 2008. Although I read of some changes some did not like these did not effect features I use and the single backup file alone I believed to be a big improvement. However, I had some issues with IRA account transfers with 2008 and I'm hoping to get off on the right foot with 2011.

I need to move funds from my primary account in a MMF, to an IRA account (sell and buy, or transfer shares or however the proper way is) have the proper "buy" show in the IRA account, and have the funds show properly removed from the main account specifically the MMF) without then showing a negative cash amount in the amount transferred. I could get it to show the funds remove from the primary account, but could not get it to show the funds were removed specifially from the MMF security. Any suggestions or guidance on the proper method would be most appreciated.

Last edited:

Ask a Question