Help with this Incomplete Records question.

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates

Warning, if you're not using your phone for this question, you might have to tilt your neck quite a bit.

I've taken the 3000 pounds as the opening capital.

To calculate Total Sales, I've added Debtors amounted to (£1150) with Receipts for Work done (£24000) = £25150

Total Purchase was the cost of material bought, with £4750

I've also made a ledger account for Cash at Bank and got 6460

I then moved on with the Income Statement. Where I got 6220 as my Net Profit after deducting it from a gross profit of 21650

Finally, I reached the Statement of Financial position where the Capital Employed doesn't balance with the Working Capital
Just 90 pound off :mad:

I want to know where specifically I went wrong in this question. I feel extremely guilty for not being able to balance this for some reason.

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
Also, sorry for the quality of the pictures. As you can see, I'm trying to be an accountant so I can get a better camera.

Jokes.

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You've made an arithmetical error calculating your net profit:

21650 - 6220 is 15430, not 15340, so that's where your missing 90 is.

Also, I'd put the 2400 building society payment through drawings rather than through the P&L as it is for a private residence, so it's not a business expense.

Ask a Question