Hidden placeholder

Discussion in 'Quicken' started by vodil, Nov 10, 2014.

1. vodil

vodil Guest

I have QWin H&B 2014 and have lots of investement accounts
    For one of my Vanguard (Retirement) account there seems to be a hidden placeholder.
    It is not in the file; it does not show up in the portfolio but it does show up when doing a security report.
    It needs to be deleted as it is just plain wrong and is affecting the balance by a lot.

I can't seem to get rid of it. I tried all the validate options and when I double click on it in the security report it just goes to a blank page.

Any ideas?

vodil, Nov 10, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. vodil

danbrown Guest

Have you searched for Placeholder in Quicken help, and utilized the advice there?

danbrown, Nov 10, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. vodil

vodil Guest

Thanks to the people who sent me advice--not Quicken help. I solved my problem as follows:
    No placeholders were visible in the account or the portfolio even when everything was set to show them.

These placeholders only showed up in the security report. The prime "trick" was to right click on that line in the report and then take the option to delete the transaction.

This had the interesting effect of making other placeholders appear. Those placeholders could then be deleted and life was worth living again.

Hope this helps others

vodil, Nov 11, 2014
  4. vodil

ps56k Guest

just out of curiousity - where is the Security Report you mentioned ?

ps56k, Nov 13, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question