Highway Use Tax on Alternative Fuels



BACKGROUND: I have a client who uses diesel vehicles for both business
(self-employed) and personal purposes. He has converted the fuel use
to bio-fuel. He gets used vegetable oil from restaurants.

1. Is he responsible to paying a highway use tax on Form 720?
2. If so, how/where is it reported on the form?
3. Is there any registration requirements?
4. Are there any other tax implications?

Thanks for any help.


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question