How did I not think of this before?

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I'm an accountant, with just a few accounting-knowledgable friends leftover from college, and I'm always wishing I had more people to ask when I get stuck on something new/odd. I worry my friends will say something like "how do you not already know/remember this" and that I'm asking a dumb question as a professional experienced accountant that I really SHOULD know. Of course none of us know everything, and our knowledge base is also really on what our experiences have focused on. Well I just started a new job with a whole new field of accounting I've never really had to tackle before - sales and inventory. Of course I know the general ideas from my BA, but if you haven't actually DONE IT before, how can you know the nuances or be able to offer your company solutions without having ever tried them or the other option? And so in this thinking, I have been on forums before for other topics and hobbies and I thought... there MUST be something similar for accountants? I can't be the only who didn't memorize every textbook in school, right? And I really do want to impress these bosses (they are paying me probably more than I deserve, and I'd like them not to realize this) So I'm here! I'm really hoping this will be a great reference site, and who knows, maybe I'll even be able to help someone else too. Nice to meet you all :)

Becky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome! :)

It's not possible to know everything, but experience is a great tutor ;) Certainly lots to be learned here, so it's great to have you on board!

Ask a Question