UK How I should account after a restrain order?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Previous week I have got an email message from the police officer. They want to speak with me about my bank account which they have frozen because of multiple bank transfers from a company.

All transfers I have withdrawn in cash so they suspect money laundering. Currently I am abroad and will come back to the UK in a few months.

I still have not made accounts and confirmation statement for a company house and my VAT scheme is Annual Accounting Scheme. I have not accounted because there is 17k pounds frozen in my bank account.

Should I wait and do not account it or I should account it? If I do not account it they probably charge me for tax evasion? But I still do not know what will happen with 17k in my bank account so how I can account it? Many thanks in advance.

Steve-LevelUp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I believe you should continue to account for it. I have not been involved in a freeze like this, but the funds are still yours. The bank has just received a court order to prevent you from accessing these funds under the believe that the funds are proceeds from crime.

Once you are able to prove the source of the funds are not from crime, then they should release the freeze.

Ask a Question