How to calculate taxable income under expensing/capitalization methods handling IDC?

Reaction score
61. Chris purchased an oil interest for $2 million. Recoverable barrels were estimated to be 500,000. During the year, 120,000 barrels were sold for $3.84 million, regular expenses (including cost recovery) were $1.24 million, and IDC were $1 million. Calculate Chris’s taxable income under the expensing and capitalization methods of handling IDC

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
What's going on with all these questions, Joystar? Professor letting you turn in all your past due homework??

Reaction score
Hello Kirby, No the homework is not past due. I am taking an online course for Accounting and having trouble understanding how to come up with the correct calculations for these questions.

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Given all that you have posted, I suggest that the online method is not an optimal way for you to learn this subject. What are your thoughts on that?

Reaction score
Dear Kirby, You are more than likely right, but it is too late for me to drop the course because it is passed the withdrawal date. I will probably speak with my academic advisor/counselor about this course. I need to finish up these questions for our final review.

Ask a Question