UK How to change customers to vendors in Quickbooks

Reaction score
Country
United States
To whom it may concern:

Could you please answer how I can change customers to vendors in quick books that the transactions have already been applied to. When setting up vendors in QB's Pro I must have chosen the customer file instead of the vendor set up file. Please let me know even if I have to go one by one to change them over to Vendor by adding a V to the end of their name so I can grab all the transactions and bring them over to the vendors file so it can debit the bank account for what is going out of the business. The owner uses Frazer Acctg which an accounting software especially designed for car dealrships I have downloaded all transactions to QB's 16 but now I have to go in and see if it is all correct and what the General Journal has the transactions listed under to make sure they are posted correctly for last year. Are you familiar with Frazer Acctg software? Let me know if you can assist me in this correctional process.

Reaction score
Country
United States
You will have to add a new customer and move all of the transactions over. Easiest way would be setup John Doe (cust) vs John Doe so that QB knows the difference then delete the vendor file that was done in error after you move everything over or make it inactive so you don't' accidentally post a sale to the vendor file again

Ask a Question