USA How to handle Investment money

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum so try to forgive possible errors
I have Microsoft Accounting 2008 and I am posting invoices and expenses. I have deliberately tried to keep this as simple as possible because I am not an accountant. I have a small business and I am using my business checking account as a source of information. I try to keep all business transaction within my checking account. When I import my checking account information into accounting software I see it as either income or expense. I have one item that seems to be the exception. I borrowed money to invest in what ever. Purely speculative. When I bring that lump sum $20,000 into Accounting as a non inventory item it shows it as income. Which is fine, but when I spend that money on an investment it is not showing up as an expense. Consequently I have a large income item I can't account for in expenditures. I received it as a Job resell account and I expensed it as an investment Long Term. How can I make this balance. Part of the money was invested in Stock market and another part was invested in antiques. How can I resolve this money

Ask a Question