USA How to import multiple sales receipts into quickbooks pro 2008

Reaction score
Hey guys.
My name is Pat. I run an online retail business.
2 months ago, I decided to start using QuickBooks to organize all my business finances. I chose QuickBooks 2008 pro because I had a copy laying around the shop, from a previous company that is not being used. Currently, I have run into some problems with importing my sales into QuickBooks because I have over 5,000 that need to be transferred.
On my computer I have:
Windows 7
QuickBooks pro 2008
QuickBooks Point Of Sale 4.0 (POS)
Our goal is this: To import all of our sales into QuickBooks point of sales system via CVS file.
We do not care anything about customer information such as; name, address, phone number, etc. because we have another system that handles all of that for us. All we care about are the numbers and the inventory stock levels. This is why we thought that importing all of our sales into our POS system would be a better fit.
All of our items have a unique 12 digit number in QuickBooks. We also have this same 12 digit number on all of our sales from our previous program. What I need to do is create a

CVS file with:
  • Item 12 digit number
  • Sold Price
  • Date
  • Quantity
  • Taxable or non taxable

See, I can put a CSV fine together with this information. But, the question is; how do I put the file in a format that QuickBooks will understand, and where do I go in QuickBooks to import the file?
We have also created 2 customer accounts
Customer (In State) Taxable
Customer (Out of State) Nontaxable
If it is easier, we could avoid the POS all together and import the files straight into one of the customer accounts, depending on if that customer is in state or out of state. BUT, I need to know how to put together a CSV file that quick books will understand.​

Ask a Question