How to import old SBA2006 data to SBA 2009 Express, new install

Reaction score
Hi,

We recently migrated a customer from a dying SBS2003 server to a shiny new Server 2008R2 box.

The customer used to have SBA 2006 installed on the old box, for one of their subsidiary companies, although QuickBooks was main package in daily use. We transferred the data, and then discovered SBA 2006 can't runon the new server as it uses .NET1.1

We discovered at this point that SBA has died off (wasn't aware before as none of our other clients use it).

We then read up on how to migrate to Quickbooks, which has involved installing SBA2009 on the new server.

Now, when we go to import the data, we get an error telling us it can't open the file, and that we need to restore from a backup.

At this point I went to the old server, to back up and export using SBA2006, but the customer has took it upon themselves to throw away the old server without checking with us first...

So, my question is, how can I import this old SBA2006 data to the new SBA 2009 Express installation, without a prior export or backup? :confused:

Thanks in advance,

Dom

Reaction score
instead of importing to sba 2009, im sure on tinternet sumwhere u can actually download .net 1.1 as alot of apps still need this...
this will then allow you to install sba2006 and get the customer back up and running, in the mean time create a test system and experiment on how to get the data imported to 2009???

just a thought

Ask a Question