UK How to obtain relevant accounting work experience?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning Folks

I am AAT qualified and currently working as a credit controller.

I would dearly like to move away from that into another role such as accounts assistant or assistant accountant. However, I have not got any practical work experience in order to do this.

Could someone be kind enough to advice how I can get the relevant work experience which will enable me to apply for my preferred job role(s)?

Thanks in advance for you responses.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning Folks

I am AAT qualified and currently working as a credit controller.

I would dearly like to move away from that into another role such as accounts assistant or assistant accountant. However, I have not got any practical work experience in order to do this.

Could someone be kind enough to advice how I can get the relevant work experience which will enable me to apply for my preferred job role(s)?

Thanks in advance for you responses.
It sounds like you have enough expeirence and the relevant qualifications to seek an accounts assistant role, have you shown interested in the position and tired seeking internally if the position exist?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Jerome

Thanks for you reply. I have tried moving internally but it seems that since I don't have any relevant work experience, my line manager is reluctant to give me that type of role.

Any further advice greatly appreciated.

Ask a Question