USA How to Set up MS Excel File for Convertion to IIF file Before Import

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am working on recreating 2013-2015 for a client. In her bank, she has been posting invoices and checks.

However, none of the other bank transactions were in put and there are 100-200 entries per month needed to be added.
As you can guess, when I enter each transaction, the popup about the entry being over 90 days shows up. After I unclick the entry shows up. Once the entry is entered, I end up in 2013 but need to go down to 2016 to enter the next entry. And so it goes on and on. WHAT A PAIN!

It would be MUCH easier if I could put everything in a CVS or EXL file and then change that to an IIF and import. (I've been importing from Paypal and other places for my own account for years, so once something is in an IIF file, I'm all set).

But I have no idea what order and words etc. should be in the CVS or Exl Everything I've tried isn't working.
There has to be a sample CVS or EXL file that might help me. This way I can upload a month at a time, and then reconcile each month's work. OR great instructions on how to do this somewhere (I hope!)

I have QB 2014 Desktop version

Hope you have it :)
Thanks much

Ask a Question