UK How to start a financial outsourcing business

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
After I received my PER report (ACCA working experience requirement 36 months), the accounting firm I worked for closed down few months later, they couldn't afford an office and stopped paying fixed salaries to the staff. However, since they didn't have an office base, I decided to catch up my ACCA studies (I only had a diploma when I applied into ACCA, so I have quite a few subjects to write).

Ever since, I was hoping to start my own outsourcing business eventually, I know it won't be easy, I got myself certified as Xero advisor, and trying to take step by step while I am writing for my exams. I am also learning Excel VBA at the moment, hopefully I can provide more one day as a financial outsourcing service.

The reason why I like to do outsourcing business toward UK market, it's because ACCA is more recognized there, and I can offer better price and meanwhile it's sufficient for me.

I think the first step is always difficult, I am brainstorming everyday about marketing ideas and still out of clues. Any advice I would be appreciated, especially professions who are aware of UK accounting industry. Or any advice on how to star-up a financial outsourcing business.

I know this is a big step, however I just can't give up without a try. I understand building any businesses from scratch would not be easy, but all businesses went through the beginning phase.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Ask a Question