USA I can become CPA certified without a Master's. Should I skip it?

Reaction score
So, after I finish my bachelor's degree, I will have 138 credits worth of classes. I'll have completed 39 credits in general business courses, the requirement for CPA licensure in Florida. I'll also have completed 24 credits of accounting, meaning I'll need an additional 12 credits to get 36 credits total in accounting and 150 credits overall. Do you think I should just take 4 cheap classes at a local college to obtain those extra credits, or do you think, in the long run, I'd be better off going for a full Master's in accounting to finish up my requirements?

Reaction score
CPA is the only thing you need. Master's doesn't matter. Only get your masters if you have spare time and money.

Reaction score
My opinion is that you go for the masters in accounting. Here is why I say this... based on your scenario you need 12 additional hours and it may come down more to timing. If you have to attend school in the fall to achieve the additional 12 hours this will be during recruiting. Being in a masters program during interviewing will put you worlds ahead of the bachelors students with 150 hours and someone with a bachelors degree that is simply taking a few classes to achieve the 150 hours (it shows you have motivation and drive). You will likely not begin with the firm until the following August and you will have completed the masters in accounting prior to that (typically 30 hours in 12 months).

Just my thoughts! Good luck!

TheAccountingDr dot com

Reaction score
Yes you can get Master but only if you have good amount of time CPA can lead your career to good standards...!

Ask a Question