USA Individual Income Tax Filing/Payment Extension Dates In New York

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am unable to reach the NY tax authority by phone, and could not find out anything about it on their website, so I am trying to get information from another reliable source.

I understand that the federal tax filing and payment due dates for 2019 individual income tax returns have been extended to July, 15, 2020. I also understand that this applies to the April 15th due date for estimated tax payments for 2020. (I heard that it also applies to the June, 15, 2020 estimated tax payment date, but I am less confident about that.)

I also know that the New York state filing and payment due dates for 2019 individual income tax returns have been extended to July, 15, 2020. But I can't find out anything about whether or not the due dates for the 2020 New York estimated tax payments have been extended.

Is there anyone out there who knows whether any due dates for 2020 New York state estimated tax payments have also been extended and what the new dates are (preferably giving a source for the information)?

Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Country
United States
NY is following the Federal guidelines so both the 2019 state income tax return as well as 1Q estimated taxes are extended till 7/15.

Ask a Question