Instructions for 1120 Schedule E - Compensation of Officers??


J

Jose

I have looked all over and can't find any instructions for
this. Do they exist? Specifically for (c) percent of time
devoted to business.

Lets say two people spend 20 hours a week working. One does
nothing else; the other works 40 hours a week elsewhere.
Are they 100% and 33%, both 50%, or something else?

I would really like to find actual instructions for this,
but they don't seem to exist.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ad

Advertisements

E

ed

Jose said:
I have looked all over and can't find any instructions for
this. Do they exist? Specifically for (c) percent of time
devoted to business.

Lets say two people spend 20 hours a week working. One does
nothing else; the other works 40 hours a week elsewhere.
Are they 100% and 33%, both 50%, or something else?

I would really like to find actual instructions for this,
but they don't seem to exist.
For SALARIES paid officers, you can set tham at any
agreeable amount and reasonable for what they do. There are
no IRS instructions for this. The division of profits,
however, must be strictly proportunal to stock ownership.

ed
 
Last edited by a moderator:
H

Harlan Lunsford

Jose said:
I have looked all over and can't find any instructions for
this. Do they exist? Specifically for (c) percent of time
devoted to business.

Lets say two people spend 20 hours a week working. One does
nothing else; the other works 40 hours a week elsewhere.
Are they 100% and 33%, both 50%, or something else?

I would really like to find actual instructions for this,
but they don't seem to exist.
It means usual working time. For the first one above, 100%.
For the other, 33%.

ChEAr$,
Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA
 
Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jose

ed said:
Jose wrote:
For SALARIES paid officers, you can set tham at any
agreeable amount and reasonable for what they do. There are
no IRS instructions for this. The division of profits,
however, must be strictly proportunal to stock ownership.
I understand that; but the 1120 Schedule E asks for "percent
of time devoted to business". I am wondering how that is
calculated for part time employees who are paid officers.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
S

Stuart A. Bronstein

ed said:
Jose wrote:
For SALARIES paid officers, you can set tham at any
agreeable amount and reasonable for what they do. There are
no IRS instructions for this. The division of profits,
however, must be strictly proportunal to stock ownership.
And generally stock ownership must be proportional to capital
contributions (or equivalent).

Stu
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ad

Advertisements

J

Jose

Harlan Lunsford said:
Jose wrote:

It means usual working time. For the first one above, 100%.
For the other, 33%.
I don't suppose there is an actual reference for this is there?
I am sure you are right, but I would love something from the
government...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ad

Advertisements


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top