UK Intangible Assets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking for some general advice on Intangible Assets on the balance sheet of a company I am looking to buy.

Currently there are £152,000 of intangible assets on the balance sheet, however the offer I am looking to make is based on multiples of EBITA so the company I buy from will have received payment for these.

If I purchase the business, do the intangible assets sitting on the balance sheet disappear or will they remain on the balance sheet until they are fully amortised?.

Thank you.

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You have to find out exactly what these are. If a patent , that's OK if that transfers to you. If goodwill from a prior acquisition, that will vanish. So get the details.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You have to find out exactly what these are. If a patent , that's OK if that transfers to you. If goodwill from a prior acquisition, that will vanish. So get the details.
Thank you Kirby, It is good will from a prior acquisition, I will have an accountant look at it all, but wanted to know what I was looking at.

Thanks Again

Ask a Question