USA Internship - failed class

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am interning at one of the Big 4 in audit. Last semester I failed a class, which has ruined my GPA. The Big 4 firm I am interning at is not yet aware of this. My GPA was around 3.6 and now it is around 2.9. I want to receive an offer for full-time employment so, so, so, so badly. Is there any hope? I am seriously very very depressed about this whole situation.

If I perform perfectly on the job and form strong relationships with others on my team will they overlook ONE bad grade and give me an offer? Perhaps the offer could be contingent on improving my GPA dramatically (straight As for the rest of school until I graduate)?

Any advice on how to maximize my chances of getting an offer besides being a great intern?

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If possible, retake the class. Next if you are interning right now go see the hiring manager NOW and tell your story esp if you are going to re-take the class. I think they will see these moves as signs of maturity. Worth a shot...

Reaction score
Complete your internship while working on improving your GPA (whether by retaking the failed class or improving overall grades). You can talk about your GPA when trying to get a full time job offer. IMO you shouldn't bring it up at this time as there is no need. Focus on doing an impressive job at the company instead of worrying about your GPA and what they will think about it. Whether you get employment or not will largely be based on your work performance and they may overlook the grade. On the other hand, don't hide your GPA when applying for work / if asked about your current GPA.

Ask a Question