Interview question: What accounts did you make bookings to?

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Some years ago I worked for AP (Junior Accountant) doing mostly bank account reconciliations. This job lasted for about 2 years before I quit.

I also worked as GL accountant for six months after that. I took a break of some years, and now I am looking for a job again.

In a job interview somebody asked me: On your previous jobs, what accounts did you have to make bookings or post adjustments to? To be honest, I had learned the tasks of my job mostly by heart and now I can't remember which accounts I had to post stuff to.

What would be a good answer for a similar question in a future interview? Thanks a lot in advance!

PS: They also asked me which international standards I am familiar with. I couldn't answer that either. (IFRS??) I worked for North American entities and also European.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
My view, is be honest. Speak from the heart. To me, when someone is honest and doesn't have the correct answer but speaks logically or from the heart, I view it as a form of courage. I believe admitting you don't know something is the smartest thing a person can do. You don't know what you don't know and that's okay. Its an opportunity to learn. Through hard work anyone can learn any skill.

Ask a Question