USA Is accounting for me?

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Julia and I am 22 years old. 2 years ago I got my Bachelor's degree in Hotel management and moved to the USA. I am so disappointed in the career that I chose for myself. Hotel business is not for me at all. I hate dealing with people and best part of my job for me is making reports and dealing with papers and money procedures. I enjoy that part of my job so it made me realise that I could get another education here in the US and get a career in accounting, maybe?
The tricky part is that I am married already and my husband doen't like the idea of me going to school. I can understand that- we both work and we want to spend as much time with each other as possible. I get it. But the more I think about a new career, the more I want it.
So, I was thinking also in order to make sure that this is exactly what I want, I need to practice that, right? I am now looking for entry level jobs in accounting like bookkeeping assistant (or smth else, please let me know what else can I look for) that doesn't require education or experience. But then if I like it, which I am 99% positive about - how I am going to go to school? I have so many thoughts, sorry guys. I searched for online degrees because job will probably be from 9 to 5, as usual and I can't find a college in my area that has evevning classes. How hard for me will be to have a job and get online education? Is that even possible? My goal is to get CPA by the age of 30. The other option I was thinking about is to have the pm shift at hotel and go to school in the morning. But I prefer to get experience in accounting together with education.
Who has any advice for me?
I will appreciate any answer! Thank you all!

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you want to pursue Accounting, by all means move forward with it. Do what makes you happy.

Best advice I can give you .

Ask a Question