UK Is property income a waste of my allowance when i can DIV all the way up?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am a director of a LTD and I'm confused as to if i should keep hold of my personal rental property's
so 20k Rental profits my £12,500 PAYE (Have the Emp ni allowence) and a £17,500 Dividend payment makes up to £50k
From a personal point of view I am taxed £4,000 on property income on the £20k but only £2662.50 on £37,500 Div. You get £17500 more and will pay £1337.5 less tax! So you personally will keep just under £47k including the ni on the £12500 and £44,450 about £2,500 worse off with the rent!?.

Can someone please help me get my head around this? there is always enough profits in the company to pay myself £50k i dont want to pay corp tax then pay a big chunk out in div tax. how would any of you advise a client to pay himself in this situation most efficiently?
SO
I feel like im stuck in this £50k barrier how do you break it ?
the only reason i feel the property's are useful is incase you have a bad year work wise but profits are racked up already for this years tax year and wont be a problem paying again up to 50k with no property rental profits. hence leaving me worse off by £2500 again cos of the rent!

Alot of people will think thats great rental profits but from this perspective is it a waste or should i use the income to pay the tax after £50k? or is it just a case of making alot more money and paying alot more tax
Im confused i hope some one can help!
Cheers.

Last edited:

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you revisit the first para please. You start off with "...and easy to read", but actually, it's anything but.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you revisit the first para please. You start off with "...and easy to read", but actually, it's anything but.
you're right sorry. I have removed that para
I hope you understand what i'm trying to say
What payment structure would anyone be able to recommend in an ideal world would like to go over £50k a bit..

Ask a Question