Is the expensive tuition worthy?

Reaction score
Is the expensive tuition from high ranking University really worthy?

Hello,

This is my first post :) I got a graduate admission from University of Washington and Central Washington University. The tuition of UW is $21,900. The tuition of CWU is $8484. I would like to know: is the expensive tuition really worthy? Is the degree from high ranking university really helpful for my career? My background is not accounting. I need finish all prerequisite courses before graduate's courses. However, I want be an accountant in the future.

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate.

Last edited:

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
One consideration is how many prerequisite courses do you need and can you take them somewhere other than u of w , so they can be less expensive. Ignoring the prerequisites (cause i don't know how many you need) you get a hard dollar $20k savings with cwu, of course. On the intangible side with u of w you get a larger alumni network, name recognition, and a cool mascot.
If it was for 4 years at that difference i'd say take cwu. But for two years difference i would go with u of w and for the rest of your life you won't have to wonder "what if".

Last edited:

Ask a Question