Is this evasion?



In the past I have transferred funds I inherited from
Holland to my own US bank account. As I understand it I
have to calculate and pay capital gains taxes since the US $
has devalued appreciably since October 2002. I have also
gifted money to my grown children and to my grandchildren.

Can I legally circumvent those capital gains if I send the
Dutch funds directly to the children/grandchildren? This
would be done by having the Dutch bank deposit dollars
directly into their checking accounts.

Thanks for any enlightenment!


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question