USA Is this internship beneficial?

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I took an internship offer to work for a nonprofit organization in Chicago doing general accounting and finance related tasks. I'm an accounting (CPA)/finance double major. Will this look really good on my resume and help me get a job over others or is it just eh? Will it being in a big city/market also help with my job prospects? I'm from a mid sized city in Ohio and have no other internship experience so this will be my attention grabber when I compete for jobs next spring. I will apply to a wide range of accounting/finance jobs since my majors cover a lot of possible jobs. Please give me all your opinions, thanks!

Reaction score
Country
United States
One of my biggest regrets with my finance major is not doing more internship work like that as a student. If you are worried about missing out on something else that comes along, you can try that but leave for something significantly better. Whatever you do, get the experience you can while you can do it as a student, and make sure it is very relevant to your career goals over the next few years.

Ask a Question