Job Experience

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the forum. I wanted to ask what people thought of working as an accounting clerk (processing accounts receivable, accounts payable, and basic journal entries) with administrative duties for a software/network consulting firm. I recently interviewed and was offered this job. I recently interviewed at Plante & Moran but was turned down after three interviews.. I was pretty upset but now I'm just looking for experience so when I finish college next December 2012 I will show a little more experience than others. I had a tax internship last year doing personal and trust returns, and year end work for small businesses at a two partner firm. Any thoughts on jobs to look for or ideas to lead to better jobs down the road would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
I think you've hit the nail on the head.
Everyone and his dog has qualifications nowadays. But very few people have experience.

Go get that work experience! Then you'll have an advantage over other candidates. Plus, you'll have something interesting to talk about in interviews for the jobs that you do want, because you've actually done the real work in the real world.

Can't beat experience.

Ask a Question