Journal Entries - How to Learn - Unemployed from Last 2 Months

India Discussion in 'Career and Jobs' started by Inderpal Singh, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Inderpal Singh

Inderpal Singh

Hi Everyone,

This is Inderpal Singh. I do have eight + years of experience in Business Operations, Finance & Accounting, R2R and O2C. In these years I got a chance to work with companies like Cognizant and Accenutre.

I have been in to Accounts Receivables. I am looking into Job. When I get a call they ask only journal entries. I am getting confused as I have never worked in that domain. How to learn about Journal Entries

pls Help

Inderpal

Inderpal Singh, Apr 25, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Inderpal Singh

bklynboy VIP Member

Do you know debits and credits? Are you familiar with what is an asset, liability, income, expense or equity? Journal entry is just how you record transactions in debit/credit form and post to accounts, profit centers, companies, etc.?

I would be concerned that if you don't know what a journal entry is then how you would succeed in an accounting role since this is very basic. Its a bit surprising as you state you have 8+ years in Accounting so I don't know how to help you other than to advise that it may be better to focus on jobs that use the skills you already have.

bklynboy, Apr 25, 2018
    AGH the CPA and Becky like this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Inderpal Singh

northlondonaccountant

youtube !

northlondonaccountant, Jul 2, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question