India Journal Entries - How to Learn - Unemployed from Last 2 Months

Reaction score
Country
India
Hi Everyone,

This is Inderpal Singh. I do have eight + years of experience in Business Operations, Finance & Accounting, R2R and O2C. In these years I got a chance to work with companies like Cognizant and Accenutre.

I have been in to Accounts Receivables. I am looking into Job. When I get a call they ask only journal entries. I am getting confused as I have never worked in that domain. How to learn about Journal Entries

pls Help

Inderpal

bklynboy

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you know debits and credits? Are you familiar with what is an asset, liability, income, expense or equity? Journal entry is just how you record transactions in debit/credit form and post to accounts, profit centers, companies, etc.?

I would be concerned that if you don't know what a journal entry is then how you would succeed in an accounting role since this is very basic. Its a bit surprising as you state you have 8+ years in Accounting so I don't know how to help you other than to advise that it may be better to focus on jobs that use the skills you already have.

Ask a Question