Country
Bangladesh
Hi !
Normally when i entry a sale transaction then i enter journal such that

1.Cash Sale Journal
SaleCredit / CashDebit

2. Credit Sale
Sale Credit/Customer Debit

But now i have to trace Sale Person ledger for every sale transaction.so how i can entry journal

for 1. sale / cash as well as saleperson
2. sale / customer as well as saleperson

when i receive money from customer i have to also affect on cash, customer as well as saleperson

saleAmount = CashSaleAmt + Customer/AccountRecivableAmount = saleperson Amt

please give me a details solution in double entry journal system. thanks to all.

smallbushelp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know how you can do that because "saleperson" is not an account type (e.g. expense, liability, income, etc.) Are you using a computerized accounting system or actual journals? What is the purpose for tracking by salesperson?

Here in the US, I would use accounting software such as QuickBooks, and I would create a class (or category) - not an account - for salesperson. Then when I enter the normal sales transaction, I would assign the proper class. This would then allow me to track sales by salesperson and create a report.

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
i am using a computerized accounting system.so i want to show sale person journal(whats amount is collected against his sale and whats is due.)is there any way to journalise is.when accreceivable is affected then saleperson will be afffected.

smallbushelp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
How will the saleperson be affected? Will they be paid a commission or some type of bonus when they make a sale? If so, then the journal entry would be to debit an expense account like "commissions expense" or "bonus paid" and credit a liability account like "commissions payable" if the amount is not paid out right away.

But if all you want to do is track the amount of sales that a saleperson is making, there is no accounting entry for that. You can record it in a separate journal but it's not a double sided journal entry unless there are two specific accounts being affected.

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
May I create SalesOrder and SalesPerson heads in Account.
then when sale person make any sale then i will put two journal (1. debit Sales Order 2.credit Sales Person)
what do you think about this.
thanks a lot .i am really gratitude to you for your response.

smallbushelp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know what you mean by "heads in Account." In basic accounting terms, when entering transactions in your accounting system, you generally use two different account types. For example:

1) debit an expense (utilities) and credit an asset (cash)
2) debit an asset (cash) and credit an income account (sales)
3) debit a liability (notes payable) and credit an asset (cash)

What two account types would you be creating with SalesOrder and SalesPerson? Where would these accounts appear in your financial statements?

Ask a Question