USA K-1 Trust Form and SS#...Help!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! I am hoping an accountant whiz can help me out.:) My lawyer has just informed me that I am required to provide my social security number for a K-1 Form. Here's the problem: My sister, who is the executor of my parent's now irrevocable trust, drained as much as she could out of my parent's accounts, and covered her tracks well enough that it's not worth our while to go after her for money and tangibles. She originally did not intend to distribute the proceeds to us from the sale of the house, but we forced her hand by hiring a lawyer. We have already received a portion of the proceeds from the sale of the house, and may receive a second smaller portion. I am loath to give that thief my SS#. Is there any way to circumvent her, such as providing the number directly to her lawyer, and having her lawyer provide it directly to the accountant, and when she receives the K-1 forms from the accountant they will contain only the last 4 digits? Is this possible, or is there another solution? Thank you so much for any assistance you can provide!

Ask a Question